REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MINOR
Students must complete 16 units in the journalism minor. Completion of this minor will prepare students for careers as reporters, writers, editors, producers, publishers, broadcasters, photographers, page and web designers, public relations and advertising professionals, and media scholars and researchers.
Minor core classes (9 credits):
- JMC 105 (3) Introduction to Mass Communication
- JMC 120 (3) Beginning Reporting
Plus one of the following courses:
- JMC 305 (3) International Mass Communication
- JMC 306 (3) Mass Communication History
- JMC 318 (3) Media Research
- JMC 328 (3) Media Law
- JMC 332 (3) Media Ethics
Plus seven units of approved courses from those required for the journalism major.